Sunday, September 12, 2010

Football Season's Here!!!!

Football Season is here and for us that means Sunday Funday Football with yummy football food and snacks.  One of our favorite dips to make is the Chicken Wing Dip that I got from a friend and have since passed the recipe on and on.  Such an easy yummy treat, not healthy at all, but this time of year a lot of the ingredients are on sale.  You know that I talk about the Rotisserie Chickens a lot, and I have been told that when they go on sale, you can buy them and freeze them in freezer bags if you want to use them in a dish later.  I have not tried this yet, but be assured that I will.  When they are on sale, I definitely recommend the dip below, and the other ingredients have coupons throughout this season as well:

Chicken Wing Dip

2 Cups Chopped Chicken (I use the chicken from a Rotisserie, but to save money you can cook the chicken yourself)
3/4 Hot Sauce (I use Franks Hot Sauce, and they do put a coupon in the Red Plum insert from time to time)
2 blocks of Cream Cheese (Coupons.com has coupons for cream cheese right now)
1/2 cup Blue Cheese dressing (I use the one in the produce section, and there was a coupon in the Red Plum this week)
1 Cup shredded Cheddar (Again, there is a coupon on Coupon.com and one came out of the Red plum too)
Tortilla scoops (On sale at Publix this week)

In an 8x8 dish or casserole dish, spread the cream cheese on the bottom of the dish.  In a separate bowl combine the chicken and hot sauce.  Place the chicken mixture over top of the cream cheese.  Spread the Blue Cheese dressing on top of the Chicken mixture, top with shredded cheese.  Bake at 350 for 30 mins or until bubbly at the sides.  Serve with Tortilla scoops or Triskets.  YUMMY!!

(Other recipes call for canned chicken and more blue cheese; I prefer this recipe, but it's totally up to you!  Also if you really hate Blue Cheese, you can always substitute Ranch instead.)

No comments:

Post a Comment